Jim Karozos joined Halakar in 2015 and currently serves as Senior Vice President of Brokerage. Mr. Karozos focuses on industrial and retail transactions, landlord listings and real estate property sales. Now in his tenth year in the commercial real estate industry, Mr. Karozos has provided a significant boost to the success of the firm’s Indiana Industrial Specialty Division.
Mr. Karozos continues to excel in complex transactions because he understands his clients’ needs and expectations, properly aligns their goals and objectives and establishes effective relationships throughout an organization, including C-Suite executives. Throughout his career, his honesty, integrity, process improvement and solid market/brand knowledge when dealing with local, regional and large national corporations have proven highly beneficial to clients.
Prior to joining Halakar, Mr. Karozos held positions with Colliers International, RESOURCE Commercial, Grubb & Ellis and Lee & Associates. He began his career in real estate after a successful 23-year career in the food and beverage industry.
PARTIAL LIST OF LEASE TRANSACTIONS:
As a tenant representative:
- 8055 IN-9, Howe, IN, Therma-Tru (Fortune Brands): 347,000 SF
- 2350 Salisbury Road North, Richmond, IN, Jason Inc.: 60,000 SF
As a landlord representative:
- 50 North State Road 135, Bargersville, IN, Anytime Fitness, 11 year – retail: 5,400 SF
- 5610 Dividend Drive, Indianapolis, IN, VA Optical Lab, 10 year – industrial: 9,500 SF
- 7255 W. Washington Street, Indianapolis, Sunbelt Rentals, 10 year, 3 AC & 16,000 SF
PARTIAL LIST OF SALE TRANSACTIONS:
- Domtar Paper, 6461 Saguaro Court, Indianapolis, IN to Premier Packaging, 159,400 SF: $4.1 million
- El Maizal Tortilleria Inc., 4501 Hitch-Peters Road, Evansville, IN to Rexing Farms, 137,500 SF: $2.9 million
- Village Plaza Retail Shoppes, S. Meridian Street, Indianapolis to Kenn-Marr, $4.1 million
- BMO Harris, Greenwood, IN 21 AC: $1.1 million
- Maxim Crane, 7255 W. Washington St, Indianapolis to Cargo Lines LLC, $1.05 million
- 4800 South Harding Street, Indianapolis, IN, Gordon Trucking acquired 32 acres for development from Keeler/Harriman Trust: $1.4 million
PARTIAL CLIENT LIST:
- Domtar Packaging
- Klosterman Baking
- Gordon Trucking
- Fortune Brands
- Indiana Commercial Board of Realtors (ICBR)
- National Association of Realtors (NAR)
- Greenwood Chamber of Commerce
- Licensed real estate broker, state of Indiana
- Board member, Center Grove Athletic Booster Club
- Past president, Center Grove Boys Basketball League
Mr. Karozos received a Master of Business Administration degree from Butler University and a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics from DePauw University.